We are looking for caring, talented CNAs and caregivers For our clients in the greater Austin area. Does the below description sound like you or someone you know?
Fill out the form below and we set up a time to talk about your skills and how we might be able to put them to work at Blue Water Homecare!
Personal Care Assistant
A Personal Care Assistant will perform any and all non-medical activities that result in making a client comfortable, safe, and able to live where they choose to live.
1. Must have completed personal care training program and competency. Have a sympathetic attitude toward the care of the sick and elderly.
2. Ability to carry out directions, read, and write.
3. Maturity and ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job.
4. Must have reliable transportation.
5. Must relentlessly pursue core values of Blue Water Homecare.
1. Assist clients with personal hygiene, including shower, tub or bed baths, dressing, oral care, hair, and skincare. Assist clients in the use of toilet facilities, including bedpans.
2. Assist clients in and out of bed, excluding the use of mechanical lifting equipment unless trained and documented as competent.
3. Assist clients with walking, including the use of walkers and wheelchairs, when applicable.
4. Assist clients with self-administration of medications.
5. Meal preparation and feeding, when required.
6. Meal preparation and feeding, when required.
7. Assist with prescribed exercises when the client and the Personal Care Assistant have been instructed by the appropriate health professional.
8. Record and report changes in the client’s physical condition, behavior, or appearance to the supervisor or case coordinator.
9. Documenting services delivered in accordance with Blue Water Homecare policies and procedures.
10. Must be able to:
• Participate in physical activity.
• Work for an extended period of time while standing
• Lift up to 35 lbs
• Ability to do extensive bending, lifting, and standing on a regular basis.